Business Licenses & Permits

The City of Arlington does not require business permits to operate a commercial  business in the City. All commercial businesses will be expected to follow any laws and regulations as set forth by the State of Iowa.

All Peddlers, Solicitors and Transient Merchants, which includes anyone that wants to conduct door to door sales or attempts to solicit orders to sell merchandise without prior invitation from the public, are required to first obtain a permit from City Hall. You can find that permit application below. The City ordinance pertaining to that permit is below also for review. 

The City of Arlington has a space available for Semi Tractors and Trailers to Park so they are off of City Streets. You must first obtain a permit to park in this designated area. You can find the permit below. Commercial trailers are to be moved on a regular basis.